- MASKS ARE NOW REQUIRED AT INSIDE THE LIBRARY BUILDING FOR ANYONE OVER THE AGE OF 6.
- The Chelsea Public Library will be operating normal hours: Monday-Friday 9:00-7:00 and Saturday 9:00--4:00
- There will be a sign posted at the door with three questions that the Library Staff will be asking before you enter the building. The questions are:
- Have you been in close contact with anyone that has had a confirmed case of Covid-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, and/or a sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
**If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you will not be permitted to enter the building.
- The number of people allowed in the building at one time will be limited to 40.
As much as we would love to spend time chatting with everyone (We haven’t seen you and want to catch up!), we will encourage you to make your selections and check out. Please NO gathering or congregating at this time.
- All checkouts will be handled downstairs. We will not be checking out in the children’s room, when we first open.
- We will have 4 public computers available. This will allow you to use the computers and maintain the appropriate distance. We will ask you to let us know when you are through on the computer, so we can wipe it down for the next patron.
- The meeting room will not be available for use.
- In house programming is currently limited. Please check the programming page for more updates. This includes tutoring, Book Clubs & Craft Group, Tot-Spot, Medicare Information, Genealogy Class, Coding Club, Home School Hangout, Lego Day, Game Day, KZT STEAM Day and Book Sale. We will also not have any of the toys or puzzles out in the children’s room.
- We have a hand sanitizer station at the front door, if you choose to use it, and we will have some hand sanitizer placed around the library, once we get it.
As for our summer schedule:
Registration for the Summer Reading Program will open online on Readsquared May 18th for all ages. ALL of the Summer Reading Programs will be virtual only,
The Tuesday afternoon movies will go on as scheduled. We use the dining room at the Chelsea Community Center, and there is plenty of space.
Curbside service will continue!
The library will continue to offer curbside service to those who wish to use this service. Curbside service was something the library has been wanting to do for awhile and we were able to test out during this season. It is here to stay!
If you would like to use curbside service, please place books on hold ahead of time and then park in the designated parking space and call the library. We will then bring your items right out to you! Click Here for Video to learn how to place a hold