Ordinance #2020-11-03-845 License Term is January 1st - December 31st
- Any company/business doing business in the City of Chelsea is required to have a current business license.
- If a license is purchased after July 1st, the license fee will be prorated to 1/2 and valid for the remainder of that year.
- Business licenses are location specific - EACH location must have a current business license
- Business licenses must be posted in a conspicuous space that can be readily seen.
- Business licenses have to be renewed yearly no later than February 15th.
- Penalties and Interest accrue after February 15th.
- It is unlawful to operate a business without a license. Violations can result in a fine of up to $500 & imprisonment for up to 6 months. Each day shall constitute a separate offense. A lien may also be placed upon the property (Section 6, 2020-11-03-835).
- CONTRACTORS - You must submit a copy of the Licensing Board Card/letter (334)272-5030
- FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS - You must submit a copy of a health permit from Shelby County
- SALONS/BARBERS - You must submit a copy of the state cosmotology license @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>