Parks & Recreation

Vision:
“Chelsea Parks and Recreation strives to enhance the quality of life through the growth of safe well-maintained facilities and open spaces for all ages and abilities for our growing community.”

Mission: 
“The mission of the Chelsea Parks and Recreation is to provide diverse year-round leisure opportunities through the preservation of open space, park settings, recreational facilities and programs for all citizens of Chelsea in order to grow leadership, character, and an avenue to develop life lessons.”

Upcoming Camps...

Shooting and Ball Handling Camp
 
 

Parks & Recreation Announcements:

Temporary Partial Closing of Walking Track at Chelsea Recreation Park on Highway 39:

The Chelsea Park & Recreation Department will be closing a portion of the Walking Track at the Hwy 39 Recreation Park on the following dates in order to allow additional parking for Game Days at the Soccer/Football field. This is due to our growing Flag & Tackle Football programs here in the city. The closure will befrom 5:00 pm until 9:00 pm.

The dates are as follows: 9/14 – 9/20 – 9/21 – 9/27 – 9/28 – 10/4 – 10/5 – 10/11 – 10/12 – 10/18 – 10/19

Playoff dates are yet to be determined but will be included in the closure.

Walkers are encouraged to park at the Playground/Park area to allow for the spectators at the games. The area of the track to be closed is approximately 20% of the total track. The remaining 80% of the track is open for use during the events.

Spectators will be allowed to park on and across the track in the area that is highlighted in the photo below during the specified times.

We are excited to see the growth of our Flag & Tackle Football programs in the city. Please excuse the inconvenience.

Hwy 39 Additional Parking

Rec Desk logo

Collage of Youth Baseball Photos

Get Started

  1. Go to Chelsea’s RecDesk website.
  2. Select "Create Account".
  3. Parents, put your information in first.
  4. Select the green “Add Household Member” button to add spouse and dependents.
  5. Account will then be approved.
  6. Now you can register your child for sports.

horizontal bar

A message from Dustin Goodwin - CHS Head Football Coach



A message from Sarah Moran - Chelsea Varsity Cheerleading Coach...